7 Tips to Help You Grow Your Email List
- You need good lead magnets 01:55
- If you’re going to start collecting emails, you need good lead magnets.
- Put some thought into these. What will benefit your audience the most?
- Don’t be afraid to give a good idea away for free. It’s going to benefit you ten-fold in the end.
- Check out episode 20 for ideas on types of lead magnets for your business.
- Use clear (and interesting) call to actions 03:08
- Most people use a simple “sign up for our email list”. A user will generally glaze right over this.
- You need something that will grab their attention and get them to connect with you!
- Tell them what they will get from subscribing to you. Will they get a free download? More information? Weekly tips?
- Use paid ads to get new subscribers 04:39
- Google ads or Facebook ads are a great way to connect with new audiences and grow your email list.
- Do cross promotions 05:33
- This could include guest posting with others in your community to share your expertise with new audiences.
- Use pop ups 06:08
- Many people don’t like pop ups, but the fact is… they work!
- They work especially well when combined with your lead magnets.
- Use a product like Divi Overlays to customize you website pop ups.
- Create landing pages 07:45
- Combine landing pages with your lead magnets and paid ads for ultimate conversion.
- Host webinars or in-person events 08:30
- Webinars are a great way to grow your email list because you’re offering a free training. People can easily see the value in it and are more likely to give your their email.
- Also, if someone doesn’t show up to the webinar, you still get their email and can connect with that person at a later time.
- Create evergreen content 09:27
- If you know that a certain topic will be useful at any point for your audience, create a piece of evergreen content that you can continually promote.
- Use this as a tool to grow your email list over time.
- David uses his tool the Demo Zone as evergreen content on his website. It’s something that continually provides value to his audience.
- Use content upgrades 11:18
- On Tim’s website, he provides free tutorial videos on specific tasks. Then, he will offer a content upgrade for a plugin that will perform the task for you.
- Content upgrades work so well because you’ve already built trust with the user. It’s much easier to sell them on the next stage.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?