Our Thoughts on the Gutenberg Editor
- What is the Gutenberg editor? 01:22
- The Gutenberg editor is going to be a drag and drop visual builder that is going to be shipped with WordPress core.
- WordPress 5.0 will include this feature.
- This will completely replace the current WYSIWYG editor.
- Is it a page builder killer? 03:39
- Everyone is wanting to know if this will be the end of the major page builders — Divi, Elementor, Beaver Builder, and more.
- In David and Tim’s opinion…. no. While Gutenberg will be really great out of the box, it won’t be as advanced as builders like Divi.
- Also, it still seems very developer focused, compared with page builders that anyone can use.
- The first version looks like it will be more of a story builder 07:27
- The demo of Gutenberg seemed like a great product for blog posts, but not quite enough features to build a custom website with. This will more likely come in future updates.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!