When You Should Raise Your Rates
- This is a topic that comes up a lot this time of year 01:08
- It’s the end of the year and many web designers start to think about raising their rates.
- You’ve worked all year long building experience, learning new skills, and upping your web design game, so your rates should reflect that.
- At the start of the year 01:47
- Tim’s opinion on when you should raise your rates is that you should raise your rates at least once a year.
- The start of the year is a great time to raise your rates.
- Start thinking about it now and have a plan of action.
- As you learn new skills 02:24
- David’s opinion on when you should raise your rates is that you shouldn’t hesitate to raise your rates as you learn new skills at any point throughout the year.
- If you are constantly improving, your rates should reflect that.
- You have the flexibility to change your prices any time.
- Raise your rates when you are confident and ready.
- When you don’t need the work 03:44
- You’ll be most confident when you aren’t desperate for work.
- When you’re booked solid, increase your prices for new projects.
- You have room to take the risk and ask for more money because you’ll be okay if that client can’t afford it.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?