How Many Plugins Should I Use On My WordPress Website?
- The magic number is… 00:39
- Just kidding. There really is no magic number. It will completely depend on your website functionality and your needs.
- Tim has built websites using the Divi theme and only used one additional plugin.
- It really just depends. For an e-commerce site, you might need a bunch of plugins.
- The rule of thumb for plugins is to use as many as you need, but not any more.
- Ask yourself this question. 01:51
- Can this functionality be achieved without using a plugin?
- If a plugin is saving you time and improving your website, then great! Use it.
- If it’s just performing a simple, one time task… Then, maybe don’t add another plugin to your website.
- Then, ask yourself about the quality of the plugin 03:30
- Is it well coded? Is it updated?
- If the answer to both of these is yes, then there is a good chance that the plugin will not slow down your website.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!