7 Steps for Designing for Conversion Over Beauty
- Step #1: Know your website’s goals 01:13
- Have a plan for when a visitor comes to your site.
- These goals will dictate how you build the website.
- Step #2: Have great copy 01:45
- Copy is extremely important.
- If you are not good at writing for conversion, hire someone who is.
- Step #3: Write attention grabbing titles and headers 02:37
- Titles and headers are important for telling the visitor what a page is about.
- Example of good titles: Aspen Grove Studios Membership
- Step # 4: Use bold text 03:53
- Use it strategically to highlight important points in the paragraphs.
- Step #5: The 4 Bs 04:42
- Big Beautiful Bold Buttons
- Big buttons just convert better.
- Step #6: Include good, clear, repetitive calls to action 05:59
- You want the page to have one main point, whether that be an opt-in or purchasing a product.
- Then you need to repeat it throughout the page, not just at the bottom.
- Step #7: Use a exit intent pop-up 06:45
- One last opportunity to get a user to take an action, such as sign up for an email list.
- Resource: Tim’s Divi Overlays
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?