5 Tips for More Readable Blog Posts
- Use short paragraphs 01:30
- We recommend 3 sentences max.
- It makes your content easier to read, digest, and scan.
- Mix up the size of paragraphs 02:21
- Yes use short paragraphs, but don’t make them all 3 sentences.
- Mix it up by asking a question that takes up one line.
- Something to break up the content and make it more interesting.
- This is called pattern interruption.
- Use conversational tones with personality 03:44
- Blog posts should be friendly and show personality!
- It’s easier to read and will also contribute to your overall branding.
- You want to write at a 5th grade reading level. Unless you’re writing something scientific or super complicated, you want to make your content really easy to understand.
- Also, use first person point of view. It helps to convey that positive, friendly tone to your brand, as opposed to a generic tone.
- Use proper font sizing and spacing 06:33
- You want the font to be easy to read, but not too big.
- You also want to have the spacing enough to be easy to scan and not too close together to make more readable blog posts.
- Use attractive images 07:56
- Even if you have proper font sizes and spacing, you want to add images!
- Again, use that pattern interruption to break up the content.
- Don’t use cheesy stock photos. Find unique and high quality images.
- People also love animated gifs!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!