What Are WordPress Salt Keys and How to Change Them
- What are they? 00:36
- These keys protect your passwords, even if hackers get access to your data.
- Where to change them? 01:17
- You will want to change these salt keys when you set up your new website.
- You will change these salt keys in your wp-config.php file.
- Where to find new salt keys 02:01
- Go to this website to generate salt keys.
- Changing your salt keys is another way to add a level of security to your website. If you have a brochure website that you don’t update very often, then you wouldn’t need to update your salt keys as often. However, if you have an e-commerce site, you should update every month for added security.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!