How to Turn WordPress into a Progressive Web App
- What is it? 00:48
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA) is a new technology that creates a middle ground between a website and a mobile app.
- They are installed on the phone like a normal app (web app) and can be accessed from the home screen.
- Users can come back to your website by launching the app from their home screen and interact with your website through an app-like interface.
- Your return visitors will experience almost-instant loading times and enjoy the great performance benefits of your PWA!
- App usage 01:21
- When smartphones first came out, every business wanted to have their own app. It was the cool thing to do.
- Now, research has shown that smart phone users spend most of their time on only a handful of apps on their phone. They don’t necessarily want to interact with companies through apps anymore.
- For more businesses, it’s not worth the investment to have a developer create an IOS app. In this case, a progressive web app can be the solution! Your clients still get to look super professional by having what looks like an app.
- How to create one! 03:40
- You can use the nifty plugin Super Progressive Web Apps!
- It also works with OneSignal, so you can send push notifications to your mobile visitors.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to Connect with David & Tim?