Reasons Why You Should Use Custom Post Types
- It makes easier backend organization 01:58
- When you use custom post types, it keeps things separate from the blog posts and pages.
- When you add many different pages, it can get really disorganized very quickly.
- You can create custom meta boxes or input fields for that content 03:56
- Tim uses this functionality in his plugin Divi Overlays.
- Another example would be if you have a movie review site. Then, you could create a custom post type that includes all of the custom fields that you would use every time, like director, rating, production company, etc.
- It’s easier for clients to create content 06:37
- You could create a custom post type with all the stylings and fields necessary.
- Then, you don’t have to train you clients on how to add these in manually.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!