How to Make it Through Your First Year as a Web Designer
- Never stop learning 01:48
- There are tons of resources out there to help you with your business!
- It helps to keep up to date on new WordPress learnings and updates, like Gutenberg.
- Have plans and goals 02:27
- Have a plan of what you want to accomplish with your business.
- Then, set macro and micro goals.
- You could set a macro goal that you want to have 10 steady clients by the end of 6 months.
- Your micro goal could be to talk to 5 people each day that might be interested in web design services.
- Having goals will help break your aspirations into easily achievable tasks!
- This will give you confidence, so you don’t get discouraged and give up on your business when times get tough.
- Mentorship and community 04:11
- When you are in your first year as a web designer, it is so valuable to have a mentor.
- Find someone that you can share your crazy ideas with and get feedback.
- Get involved with the WordPress community in person through WordCamps and online through Facebook groups.
- You’ll be able to connect with other designers and business owners who have been where you are and can give you the encouragement to keep going!
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!