How to Avoid Slow Periods in Your WordPress Web Design Business
Now you might be thinking… They just did this topic a few days ago on episode 199! That episode is all about how to get business WHEN things are slow. This episode will be all about how to proactively prevent slow periods from happening in the first place.
- Create sales funnels/pipelines 00:59
- This is the #1 way to avoid slow periods in your WordPress web design business.
- Usually, most web designers will work, work, work on their existing clients, but forget to look for new leads. This will give you some very busy seasons and very slow seasons, which will make your income all over the place.
- Having a sales funnel/pipeline in place will allow you to keep a continuous stream of work coming in.
- Over time, you’ll learn what your close ratio is. You’ll learn how many people you need to talk to before signing on a new client.
- Referrals 02:30
- This is a web developer’s best friend.
- When someone is looking to hire a web designer, they ask their friends. If you do a good job, clients will start to recommend you and business will flow in automatically.
- SEO/content marketing 03:22
- This is a long-term strategy. You have to focus on creating quality content that will bring in traffic over time to your website.
- If you’re not already doing this, you should be to avoid slow periods in your WordPress web design business.
Thanks for listening to another episode of WP the Podcast!
If you’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile and you’ve found value out of it, we would love if you would leave us a review on iTunes! The more reviews we get for the podcast, the easier it will be for other people to discover us on iTunes. Thanks so much and see you tomorrow for another episode of WP the Podcast.
Did you Enjoy this Episode?
- Will you consider sharing it online? Just click one of the share buttons below!
- Will you leave us a review? 🙂
- Have a question, or a topic request? Let us know in the comments below!